Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014

IMG_1528We had a great Easter and a crazy busy but still spirit filled Easter Week.  I love the Holy Week.  It has all the spirit and beauty and meaning of Christmas with only a tiny bit of the frivolous hassle.  I love that my kids are getting older and more able to understand all that Easter means.  They have more stamina (at least the big ones) to walk with me through the last week of Christ’s life and are starting to see the power and reality of it all.  They are beginning to see the true beauty tucked into all the symbolic eggs and bunnies and spring chicks.  IMG_1525

My dear friend Anna was visiting from California with her three boys on Easter weekend.  It was so great to have them around to eat our Easter meal with, hunt for eggs in our cemetery, play lots of legos, chat until 2am.  Sadly, I didn’t take many pictures of the weekend.  The kids were so busy playing and Anna and I were so busy talking and catching up.  It feels so great to be with an old friend.  IMG_1524 - CopyIMG_1522 - Copy  We dyed Easter eggs with Anna’s boys.  Every year when dying Easter eggs the youngest in the family always gets confused and thinks somehow by dipping them into colors we are “dying” as in “killing” them.  Some weird connecting to Jesus dying and coming back to life.  IMG_1585 - Copy We had some winners this year.  I have to say, this is a craft I really like to do with my kids.  I think there is something so stunning about colored eggs.  And I love to eat them afterwards. IMG_1586 IMG_1587

On Easter Sunday I made my kids do a little photoshoot . I have to make this happen every once in a while since I so rarely take out my big camera for my own kids. 

Here’s some of what we came up with.  I had to restrain myself from putting 58 pictures of Peter up here, that kid just has so much life in every one of his expressions: easter 2014-002 IMG_0055 IMG_0155 I love these brothers and sisters together.  IMG_0209    IMG_9929 Hazel insisted on a photoshoot with Annabeth and Molly, all dolled up in their Hazel designed Easter finery. IMG_9940 Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the abundance of cute grandkid pictures. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails